Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 6 months ago

How can I provide sources to answers without ending up shadow banned?

Do I need to be at a certain level?

4 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There is no such thing as shadow banning, but if adding links to your post is getting it hung up in the spam filter, you can post your answer and then add the link as a comment below your post (and in your post, make note of "link in comments").

The spam filter problem has been going on for years now and sometimes affects questions or answers as they are initially being posted or your answer may show up initially, but you edit it and it disappears from view (for others) until you do more edits.

• ...Show all comments
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

It's a problem with the spam filter. If YA wanted to 'ban' users, they would. The issue affects MANY users on the site, of all levels.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

you can answer questions at any level

• LAN
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There is no such thing as "shadow banning". That's just a term used by idiots that can't handle the fact that the nonsense they post is being reported as idiocy and nonsense. Feel free to show us all what you consider to be a credible source, I could use a good laugh.

• ...Show all comments
    • LAN
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

You aren't capable of using a credible source. Who do you think you are blocked from citing?

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

if they are conservative sources, it's a crapshoot as to whether YA! will allow it. cut and paste the URL into the body of the question.

• ...Show all comments
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

YA is run by a computer system, it doesn't know from 'conservative'. The spam filter is screwy, there is no conspiracy or 'shadow banning'

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.