Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 10 months ago

Is he not interested anymore?

I’ve known this guy from my college for a little while now. We were just acquaintances, but last week after class he asked if I wanted to get a coffee. I said yes, so we hung out for a while and had some really good conversations and laughs. He said he felt very comfortable with me, and we were flirting a bit. I have a slight crush on him. Later in the day, he messaged me, and we messaged continuously for the next two days, having in-depth conversations. He said he’d like to see me and asked if I was free again, so we casually arranged to meet on campus Thursday morning. However, that morning I didn’t hear from him at all, so I just messaged to confirm if he still wanted to hang. A few hours later (that afternoon), he replied and apologized twice, saying he’d worked very late the previous night and our meeting completely slipped his mind. I said it was ok. Now, he has gone silent... I guess he’s no longer interested. Thoughts?

He was never interested in you in the first place.

There are a hundred or more reasons he may be distracted with something else at the moment. It may just be his schoolwork may be taking first priority or he cannot afford to be taking you out right now. Anyway this is just a casual friendship at the moment so don't take it to heart. Don't go out of your way to contact him but get yourself involved with other things for the moment. You may hear from him again in the future but if you run into him just give him a warm hello, but definitely don't chase him.

I probably wouldn't waste anymore time with him.

I mean this whole process did not take too long. Firstly, Maybe something bad happened. Perhaps he is focused on something else, and he can not think clearly over what is going on between both of you.

secondly, maybe he saw you as a friend and that's why he said he felt "comfortable" around you. Maybe he realized you have a crush on him so he wanted to have some space or he did not want you to get the wrong message.

If he continuously ignores you or is being cold, show him that you have other people to hang out with as well. If he suddenly takes an interest after you start hanging out with another guy, then you know something is up.

• mom

sounds like he is not interested anymore. something may of happen. don't text him anymore and see if he will text you in a few days. if not then forget about him

If he'a strong man, he'll eventually contact you. Could you possibly be making dating choices mainly based upon whether someone likes you and you like them? Unfortunately this approach to dating, used by most people, usually leads to a broken heart.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling people who are pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already), forget about this guy unless he’s a strong person, and eventually look for this type of guy (otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of man is difficult to find – but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

PS The best way to get to know a strong man without dating is to participate in the activities of a community service or a school organization.

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Teen Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 13-19, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up

Unfortunately it sounds like he lost interest. If you see him, just act very casual, nod if you want but don't start up a conversation. If he wants to date you he has a lot of reaching out to do at this point.

Hmm. That's not a good sign that it slipped his mind. Sadly. Play it cool. Hang out with other people. Try to get your mind off him. On the bright side you didn't start anything.