Melina asked in Games & RecreationToys · 4 months ago

I'm trying to get pregnant and I'm 18. I want this baby so bad I always have. Any new parenting advice? Serious advice not "dont do it"?

Favorite Answer

1. Make sure your sperm donor has no STDs; that could effect you and the baby.

2. Get his Social Security number; sooner or later you will need child support and having that will help the state find him faster.

3. Talk with some teen moms and see how they are doing with these babies they also wanted "so bad." Ask them how their lives are going, if they have any regrets, etc. They will be your best guides.

• GB

Talk to your husband about how you would like to raise a child.

I am 18 too and why give your life away. Be happy and adore others kids for now.

Read the category you posted this question in-

At 18 it seems you think raising children is recreational with all kind of games. ITS NOT!!!

I love my son and he has got oe awesome mother. The two of us work and are still working together as a team as he is a senior in high school now.

He is a lot of fun but let me tell you something- there has been much more nuisance than good times. Although the nuisance are more than the good times, I wouldn’t change it for the world. He’s a great kid and going off to college next year.

Bottom line- Enjoy your teenage years and early twenties until you are deafest in your priorities, have goals besides getting pregnant when your still a kid and be responsible enough to discipline yourself for raising a child.GOOD luck

• Joe

What is wrong with you ? Didn't anyone ever tech you about priorities in life ? Are you so weak as to give in to instant gratification ? Stay away from guys for a while, you sound wacky. Finish your education, become financially independent. Let you brain finish growing. Get these foolish thoughts out of your head. Sorry, that's the sugar coated version.

u should get much money and big status and guarantee perfect future to ur baby till u did it.

• mom

you are young and you should think about having a baby. it is not like a doll, that you can leave and have fun with your friends. a baby is a 24 hour, seven day a week. you will have not have time for your friends. then you have diapers, bottles, and cloths for the baby, a crib, carriage and doctor appointments. please think about it before you do anything foolish. wait until you find the right fellow and get married and then have children

Say goodbye to your friends and your social life. Babies are a 24/7/365 commitment.

• Helen

1. Get your schooling in now. Over half of teen mums don't graduate. Limited schooling also makes it harder to get a well paying job so hopefully your significant other is bringing good money home.

2. You'll have to save a lot. To raise a child up to 18 years costs on average $300,000. With low income jobs, that's a tall order and as parents you'll have to go without but I'm sure you'll manage it.

3. Prepare yourself for the possible health problems associated with teenage pregnancy. There's a much higher chance of serious complications for both you and baby - including disability and death.

4. Accept that it will drastically change your relationship with the father, and chances are you won't stay together, adding single parenthood to the mix. He'll still get to do what he wants when he wants though, since it's usually the mum looking after the kids. When you are ready to move on, understand that your options in the dating pool will be very limited with a child.

Hope this helps!

Get a pet instead....most 18 year olds are ill equipped to raise a child for many different reasons.