If I check out of my hotel room how long will it take for them to notice if I’m still there?

• Kathy
    Favorite Answer

Not long, if the maid goes to clean the room.

So I now know (at least at my hotel in Vegas) that it was literally minutes. I needed a bit of extra time to pack up so I checked out online and thought I’d finish up and maybe relax for 30 or so. In less than 10 min someone was at the door ready to clean 😬

Until housekeeping gets there to clean the room

• Robin

simple check out is every day at 11 am maids will clean your room and bathroom etc

and plus however long you paid for the room

You have some time. I usually go check out in the morning to get it done, and tell them I'll leave the key card in the room .... then I go back and pack up my stuff and put the keycard on table and be sure to close the door behind you.

you think you can stay there for months without them noticing?

Most hotel rooms have sensors on the doors that security can check to see who is coming and going.

If you check out of your hotel room via the in-room check out system, they will know you are still in the room because the door was not opened after that.

A couple of hours tops, when the cleaning lady enters the room to prepare it for the next guest.