Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

What is the legal punishment if I put my hands on someone because they said something I didn’t like?

Like s little push or grab shirt not like throwing the first punch?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

It’s still technically assault believe it or not. All you have to do is touch the person. I called the cops on a woman I didn’t know who grabbed my arm Because she got pissed I was talking on my cell phone outside a room in the library where they were giving a lecture one time. So I called the cop who said he could’ve arrested her. He just advised her to apologize instead, which she did. Yeah It’s technically assault but if the other person doesn’t pursue it, the world keeps turning on its axis..

• Login to reply the answers
  • Sally
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

If you are black a white cop can shoot you down like a dog if he wants to

No due process

Source(s): www.ChuckBaldwinLive.com
  • 6 months ago

Still battery, probably assault and battery which could get you time if aggravated.

• 6 months ago

Well the neighbor of a friend did time for assault when he spit on a police officer. No touching.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

you could end up in jail for that

• 6 months ago

There is no universal answer. If criminally charged you could get a fine, probation, or jail time or all three. If civilly sued you could have to pay actual and punitive damages to the plaintiff. The circumstances of the crime matters and how much damage is caused.

• 6 months ago

From simple assault to assault and battery. In Washington State it would be the latter if the prosecuting attorney is up for re election. Which means that it is a felony and could spend up to three years in jail.

Former SSgt.

• 6 months ago

Depends on exactly where you do it and whether you are a child or an adult. With that info, someone could look up the maximum sentence and the minimum. A judge will impose a sentence between those. In my state, assuming tou are an adult and no one is hurt, the max is 6 months in jail and the minimum is a fine of one dollar.

• paul
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

sticks and stones my break your bones , but words will never hurt you

• 6 months ago

Touching someone without their permission is assault. It doesn't have to be a punch.

Even hugging someone is assault if the other person doesn't want to be hugged (but usually there is "tacit permission" for that kind of touching).

The punishment varies significantly from place to place and according to the circumstances.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.