How do I politely tell a friend im annoyed at him?

Hey, so, my friend planned to stay at mine, I cleaned up so it looked spotless, bought a blanket, pillow and sheets, and got money out. He had confirmed all day "yes I m coming" but at the last second says "Im tired and my eyes hurt" Which is understandable, I told him "it was fine," I... show more Hey, so, my friend planned to stay at mine, I cleaned up so it looked spotless, bought a blanket, pillow and sheets, and got money out. He had confirmed all day "yes I m coming" but at the last second says "Im tired and my eyes hurt"
Which is understandable, I told him "it was fine," I get it, but it just made me really upset that I went though all this for nothing. I guess I m not specifically mad at him, just the situation but I don t wanna just let the feeling of annoyance build up and become a hate