kelly asked in TravelAir Travel · 6 months ago

Can my Mastiff fly in-cabin?

I have a 100lb mastiff who is relocating across the country with me. I discovered recently that there is an air travel embargo on mastiffs, and they are banned from flying cargo on every airline I can find.

She is clearly too large to fly in-cabin. Do I have any other options for air travel? My only other option is to use a service such as citizen shipper where a complete stranger would drive her clear across the country for 5 days.

I DO NOT want to go that route but I’m not sure if I have any other options. Does anyone know?

• MS

Your dog cannot fly in the cabin. There are a number of pet transport services, and I believe that some of them fly the animals in the main cabin of a plane rather than in cargo.

To answer the question in your topic headline, No, your dog cannot fly in the cabin.

There are, or used to be, pet transport services that would fly pets around the country, and not in the cargo hold, but in the main cabin of a small jet.

Try looking at this site

https://www.caninejournal.com/best-pet-transport-s...

or just use the internet to look up pet transport services.

• paul

you drive across the country

• bluebellbkk

Kelly, you've been given several straightforward and helpful answers. Driving the dog across the country is one possibility; only you know whether it could work for you or not. It is not 'sarcastic' to suggest it.