Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 months ago

Can I feed my newfoundland puppy small breed dog food? I don't want it to grow two big and am hoping this food will stunt his growth?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

NO small breed puppy food is for SMALL BREEDS - ex: Chihuahuas, etc.

Please do not do this !!!!!! You will have nothing but problems. Take this dog back and get a small dog!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Amazing what people who crave attention, any kind of attention, come up with.

I never knew that cruelty to animals - and this would be cruelty to animals - was such a turn on for children.

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

It's called Micropenial Syndrome - being born with a TINY penis and being so angry at the world about that they do nothing but TROLL all the time.

• 4 months ago

No. It will be lacking in proper nutrients and can have bone issues and other things, why would you even think of this? those dogs are bred to be large and to help rescue people that are in water, they need to be big and strong.. Animals that are stunted are never right and look it.

• 4 months ago

It's not healthy to stunt your dog's growth. Why did you get a Newfoundland in the first place, a dog known to be massive?

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Like this loser TROLL could AFFORD one? Get a clue!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

If you don't want a large breed to get too big then you don't buy a large breed.

If you don't want a large breed to grow too quickly then you feed adult food.

• Su-Nami
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

Sorry, but your answer doesn't make se4nse to me!!!!!

• 4 months ago

Yes. Buy the food with the smallest possible picture of a dog on the label. (I don't mean the picture should be small, I mean the dog should be small). Something like a Chihuahua or a Teacup Mastiff. After that you just need to limit how much you feed it: someone else suggested every second or third day.

• Su-Nami
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

Last I heard, there is not such thing as a "Teacup Mastiff". Mastiffs are VERY LARGE DOGS!!!!!

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Maybe can only feed it only every other or third day. You can let it get full on water those days when it doesn't eat.

• Su-Nami
      Lv 6
      4 months agoReport

That is the WORST ADVICE I HAVE EVER HEARD OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 months ago

On the off chance that this is a real question, no. Small breed dog food is more nutrient dense than large breed dog food. If the pup ate enough small breed food to fill his stomach, he would be getting more calories than he needed. He would actually grow larger and probably overweight, leading to all kinds of problems.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Two big WOT?????? Breed specific food only relates to the size of the kibble - nothing else. How big your Newf will be once mature, depends on his genes (parents and grandparents).

But then you already KNOW this - I hope you have just exhausted your Basset 'questions', and have moved on.......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.