What's wrong with my PC?

Motherboard - A88XM-A CPU - AMD Athlon x4 845 (upgraded from A6 6400K) GPU - Radeon RX 580 (originally no graphics card then upgraded from R7 360) 16GB RAM ( 2 x 4GB 1600 Mhz + added 8GB 1867Mhz) 500W power supply BIOS 3001 So the computer works but over a long period will (I think) overheat, crash and show an... show more Motherboard - A88XM-A
CPU - AMD Athlon x4 845 (upgraded from A6 6400K)
GPU - Radeon RX 580 (originally no graphics card then upgraded from R7 360)
16GB RAM ( 2 x 4GB 1600 Mhz + added 8GB 1867Mhz)
500W power supply
BIOS 3001

So the computer works but over a long period will (I think) overheat, crash and show an error page then just freeze, if I turn it back on it works fine, it gets warm on top before it crashes this is why I think it's overheating. Is there any way to find out which component is causing the problem?

This is the first time I've tried upgrading a PC, I think what's happened is essentially I'm running my (quite dated) motherboard with the most advanced components that it is compatible with, and it can't quite handle it. I considered my power supply may be too low but that doesn't seem to be where the heat is coming from. The top centre of the pc gets warm, so I can only assume the heat is rising from something below.
I have only noticed this happen when I play one certain game, but can't disprove other games may cause the issue.
Thanks