Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 4 months ago

If I have a joint account and I open another account at the same bank. Will the person on the joint account know about my new account?

I have a joint account but I’m getting a new job and don’t want my funds monitored. So I’m curious to know if the person on my joint account will know about my new account

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

No. The new account is entirely separate from the original account.

However, I would advise that you open the new account at a different bank. Bakns can take money from one account in your name to cover debt in another account. So, if your co-account holder clears out the joint account and goes into debt, the bank can take money from your account to cover the debt.

Source(s): I have accouns with three separate banks.
  • 4 months ago

No, they won’t see

• Eva
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

No they shouldn't as long as you don't have the 2 accounts linked electronically or the bank doesn't issue it's statements with all accounts on the same statement. My bank lists the statements separately but the accounts are linked electronically.

• Dale4 months agoReport

How do I know if the accounts are not linked electronically?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

NO.............

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

no........................................

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Not if you open it only in your name and do not connect the joint account to it

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

No, your information is private.

• 4 months ago

Your joint account holder will not know about your 'private' account unless you tell them.

I have joint accounts and 'sole accounts' with the same banks. My joint account holder does not see my 'sole' accounts when they log on to on-line banking.

• 4 months ago

all i saw was- "I have a joint"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.