Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 4 months ago

If I have a joint account and I open another account at the same bank. Will the person on the joint account know about my new account?

I have a joint account but I’m getting a new job and don’t want my funds monitored. So I’m curious to know if the person on my joint account will know about my new account

No. The new account is entirely separate from the original account.

However, I would advise that you open the new account at a different bank. Bakns can take money from one account in your name to cover debt in another account. So, if your co-account holder clears out the joint account and goes into debt, the bank can take money from your account to cover the debt.

Source(s): I have accouns with three separate banks.

No, they won’t see

• Eva

No they shouldn't as long as you don't have the 2 accounts linked electronically or the bank doesn't issue it's statements with all accounts on the same statement. My bank lists the statements separately but the accounts are linked electronically.

• Dale4 months agoReport

How do I know if the accounts are not linked electronically?

NO.............

• Judy

no........................................

• Maxi

Not if you open it only in your name and do not connect the joint account to it

• Tavy

No, your information is private.

Your joint account holder will not know about your 'private' account unless you tell them.

I have joint accounts and 'sole accounts' with the same banks. My joint account holder does not see my 'sole' accounts when they log on to on-line banking.

all i saw was- "I have a joint"