Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 6 months ago

I want a lap top with a big screen but I dont need a powerful or expensive processor, is that possible?

I just want a cheap laptop with a big screen because I hate poxy little screens

How big is the biggest screen ud get for a laptop and does that always come with an expensive price tag?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A larger screen also means a larger overall computer case and motherboard. The graphics processor needs to be able to cope with the larger number of pixels. All of those factors necessarily increase the cost.

However, you don't need masses of RAM nor the fastest i7 processor if all you are doing is normal 'office' taks. You should be able to find a relatively cheap laptop with a large screen if you search around.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Hi. Yes ... As a matter of fact You might even do well to look into an older "all-in-one" if that's what You're thinking for size - 20" or bigger, the computer's built onto the back of the screen, but it's a desktop system.

Meantime the best prioce-to-size ratio is at about the 15.6" screen size.

Those systems have been designed to customize easily for switching between Media creators, media watchers, & CAD working professionals. They're hardware versatility means there should be a lot of them available used.

Otherwise, I completely agree with the external monitor options mentioned above for when You're near Home / dorm / etc..

You can get a decent 32" TV set with the correct ports for about $125, & for another $30 ir so You can get pretty close to 40" with full stereo speakers & it will play a USB device directly.

G'Luck!!!

• 6 months ago

Use TV as monitor.TV has really big screen.Or buy monitor.

• 6 months ago

well, humongous screens sort of defeat the purpose of having a laptop......

you want portable, and easily packed....to be able to fit on airplane flip down trays and so forth.

You'd look kind of silly dragging around a 40 inch "laptop" .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Shadow
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Most laptops with big screens have big pricetags due to the rest of the hardware. The biggest laptop screen available is on the Predator 21X which has a 21inch curved display and a $9000 price tag.

If you want a big screen, just get an external one and connect it to the laptop. Sorted.

• 6 months ago

The biggest laptop I've ever seen was 20 inches. In fact you couldn't actually use it as a laptop! Most people who buy laptops, they never take them anywhere, they just sit on their desk. Laptops are more expensive, they're not as upgradeable, an they get a lot hotter inside so they don't last as long as a desktop.

17 inches is usually the biggest size they have. And yeah, they don't all have the very latest processors in them. On online sites like Woot and Groupon you often see laptops that have old dual-core processors, or even Pentiums! Very cheap too. I'm guessing they're leftovers from years ago.

But you might do better to buy an older desktop, maybe even a used one, and get a big screen for it. A 25" screen today is like $100 new. Look on your local Craigslist and see what you can find in a Core 2 Duo processor, or an AMD Athlon, with 8 gigs of memory. That's a pretty good computer even by today's standards.

• 6 months ago

Yes. just use Amazon to search price range and i think they even have a screen size option for searching

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.