PC randomly just shuts itself off, I bought a new CPU fan and its still doing it?

just randomly every so often off restart and then it works again no problem right away, I think if I have too much going on like a game and music and something else it goes off more , but even goes off when its not so busy with processes

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Disconnect the CPU heatsink ang apply thermal paste. Replace the heatsink and the fan. Try it if it works.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

most likely a "setting" when it does not see keyboard activity or mouse activity it will shut down to save power. Where that setting is, I can't say. Been there once and then forgot how I got there and don't care...mainly because mine does not do that so why fvck up a good thing?

• 3 months ago

clean your computer make sure everything is ok inside of the computer

maybe some some software you install scan you computer for spyware if you can

or you can reinstall your windows.

• 3 months ago

How big is the CPU that you are using? Also if you bought a new fan did you install it correctly? By that I mean did you also place Heat Transfer compound directly onto the CPU before installing the fan? That could be your issue right there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

ldknvlkdsnm;lsdm;flkms;lfm;lmvnlkdsnmv;lkds

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It is either the CPU or the power supply causing this

• 3 months ago

Did you remove the old thermal compound and reinstall the CPU fan with new thermal compound?

• In my experience:

- intermittent power supply fault

- intermittent mother board fault

I'm pretty sure that AMOUNT of RAM is not the problem (because of virtual RAM, a staple of any OS associated with a hard disk).

It might be that you have faulty RAM.

Try Prime95 (freeware) to "stress test" your system (RAM and CPU).

• 3 months ago

search internet for free utility that reports the cpu and gpu temperatures {try cnet.com/downloads} ... install this/these and pay attention to the temps reported every five minutes while under heavy load.

if either approaches even 80 degrees [C] before your computer reboots, the likely problem is that component is overheating. Look into the fan and thermal compound.

next idea: add another $10 case fan, directing the air outward. All that heat generated has to go somewhere.

If neither of these seems to be the problem, you may have a motherboard that is dying. And it will take a technician to figure out what the problem is ... could be anything not easy to find such as overheating power supply, bad memory stick, motherboard, or even a software [windows] problem

Source(s): grampa
  • 3 months ago

Could also be your power supply, had a similar issue.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.