promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 8 months ago

Who can sign my student finance identification form for uni?

Applying for student finance and need someone to sign my identification form . I only know a teaching assistant and a secretary of an accountant. On this list it does not have that it only says teacher and an accountant. I have spoke to student finance and they have said that it may not be accepted because it isn’t on the form but I don’t know anyone else on the list to sign it. Should I just get them to sign it and hope that it gets accepted

3 Answers

  • 8 months ago

    No doctor and no teachers? Sounds as if you are not UK resident and therefore not eligible for student finance. The university will spot this very quickly. You need to have been ordinarily resident in the UK for the three years immediately prior to your start date. If they are doubtful they will ask for your tax returns. If you are a dependent (ie a school leaver) they will require the tax returns of your custodial parent.

    It is not just a student finance issue, they will charge you far higher fees as an international applicant.

    • Lay lay7 months agoReport

      Lol wtf how would you just assume I’m not a UK resident , writing a whole *** paragraph lmfao . I was born in the UK. I’m just not in contact with any of my teachers anymore , there is one but she was on holiday. Next time you shouldn’t assume , it’s completely ignorant.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    For a legal ID in the UK any professional can sign it. Teacher, Doctor. Pharmacist there is a long list.

  • 8 months ago

    How long have you been out of education? Are you a mature student? If you have recently left school, just ask one of your old teachers. What about your bank manager or doctor?

    • Lay lay8 months agoReport

      I don’t have any contact with my teachers anymore , I have one of my tutors but she is not in the UK and A doctor can’t sign it unless I know them personally

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.