Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 11 months ago

Any tips for senior year of high school?

I'm class of 2020. I'm excited to be a senior but I'm nervous what it might turn out because my freshman, sophomore and junior year was the worst because I got played by guys multiple times and I didn't have friends and I still dont.

Favorite Answer

I felt the same way in high school. I made friends with the wrong people (people with different values and ideas of fun than me), and I played the same game all through college. I thought I was being nonjudgmental by being friends with whomever came along. I was also longing to connect with someone. As time went on, I started to value my time and self worth more. I stopped spending time with people who I didn't have fun with, couldn't converse with, connect with, etc. It was hard for awhile because I felt like I was being a jerk for cutting people off, and "losing friends." The truth was that I never really had friends. What are friends if you don't have a deep and positive connection with them. Someone you can just be yourself with, be understood, and accepted for who you are, and do that in return? I'm 27 now. I have one best friend. It took me 24 years to find someone who I could just be goofy with and have fun. More importantly, I have myself...I learned to accept and love myself (work in progress). Most of us go through this transition between the end of high school to the end of college. You learn to love and accept yourself. Once you do this, and come to terms with being alone. Close and real relationships follow. I didn't enjoy high school. Now that I am an adult...I often wish I could go back to high school; Not because I liked high school, but because I had so much freedom, and I could've been anything I wanted to be. Enjoy the time you have to be your authentic self. When you get a job, you will find yourself often compromising your authenticity. I hope this helps. It is only my perspective.

Self love questions to ask yourself:

1. Can I be my goofy self right now around this person/ these people?

2. Am I able to connect or bond with this person/ these people?

3. Am I happy to be around this person/ these people right now?

4. Would I rather be somewhere else?

Not that I know of.

Just worry about life after high school.

You're there to study, work hard and get the best grades yo can achieve. Not to enrich your social life.

High school doesn't matter much. I learned that in college.