Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 10 months ago

When is first mail call in basic training for the navy?

I thought recruits were able to receive mail the moment they start to receive it. I got my sons mailing address from his recruiter after a week that he'd been gone at bootcamp but today I got my first letter from him after 2 weeks of him leaving and he says he can't receive any mail. Whats that mean??

Favorite Answer

As I recall, it was like about a week, before the mail caught up with everyone........so I don't believe there's any delay at all. When they get some , they hand it out.

There is absolutely NO reason they would with hold mail from him.

Btw......food items are strictly forbidden and they are NOT allowed to keep any food items, or any items deemed inappropiate.

When I went thru , it worked like this.................letters were handed out, unopened.

But packages......you were called into the CC's office.......made to open the package in front of them....... and if it contained any FOOD items........they generously gave you exactly ONE Minute, to eat whatever you wanted,

After that.......it belong to them.

My sister mailed me a box of Twinkies........and so I stood there, eating one of them......rather enjoying it........and then just handed the rest of the box to them.

F'n bastards, would make a point of sitting in their office....and then holding up the Twinkies... as they drank their coffee. ....like saying, "Thanks for the Twinkies.!"

Aw how sweet that he even wants you to know where he lives or what he's doing. I wish I had parents like that. Mine like to play games.

• ?

"... he says he can't receive any mail." Not true, mail is distributed when it arrives.

• Mrsjvb

there are nearly a thousand kids at various stages of Boot Camp at any given moment. it takes a bit to organize and distribute mail to everyone. and if anything on the address is wrong/off, it takes even longer.

by law the Navy is NOT ALLOWED to withhold any mail whatsoever. mail call is every day( yes even Sunday) so anything you send him should eventually get to him.

Expect it to be a couple of weeks. Do write. Just tell him positive things about how life is normal back home.