Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 9 months ago

Breast cancer survivors: How long did it take for you to recover from all the treatments, regain your strength/energy, and resume your life?

As a single mother I worked throughout my treatment to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. I still socialised, dated etc, even when bald.

My wife refused all following recommended treatments and followed my advice to treat the body with natural remedies. She is totally fine and regret to trust her doctors in the first place.

• LAN

That would depend on the severity of the disease, how aggressive it was and several other factors as well as what kind of treatments for how long they were given, what type of surgery they had. As you asked it your question is practically meaningless. How one person reacts to treatments (including recovery) doesn't mean that everyone will go through it the same. That's why anyone with any sense at all will tell you that only a doctor has a good chance of predicting a persons path in dealing with all aspects of this disease.

I had 2 surgeries, then a break, then some chemo, then a break, then radiation.

I didn't have any trouble at all. The surgeries were day = no hospital food. I was given a pack of nausea meds for chemo etc and didn't take any. Radation was fine, but the travel was three hours a day and I found that tiring.

I was over it in a week, apart from hair, which came back curly )-: It's OK now.

That was eight years ago

• lala

It depend

Some woman recover really fast

others took more time

Be patient and good luck