Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 3 months ago

Why can't I find any used trials motorcycles?

Why does it seem like it's impossible to find any used 125cc or 250-300cc trials motorcycles that are about 10 years old for about $1500-$3000.

I can find them in then UK for cheap but I can't get them shipped over because they're not more than 25 years old. It's some dumb law the EPA has.

I've looked on ebay Mr. zeno

They haven't really made a lot of trials bikes in the US since the 70's.

Most of what you are going to find in the US are dual-sport or full-on dirt bikes.

Still made and sold. But, prepare for a Shock. The old Brit TT bikes occasionally surface:

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=00384633568046978957...

https://www.colinappleyard.com/motorcycles/new/off...

Trials (as opposed to TRAIL) riding was popular in the U.S. back in the 60s and 70s, and most manufacturers sold them. Not today. You may be able to find one on cycle trader or ebay.

• Trump 2020

U.S. answer. I should have said 'major" manufacturers like Honda, Yamaha etc. No significant demand in the US.

Perhaps it's because you're stupid seeing as you're a Yank.

Pretty sure they can't ship because they're 2-strokes. Think about the differences. Think hard.

• Tim D

El Pet, the questioner wants 10 year old bikes $1,500 – 3,000.

• Tim D

As far as I know trialling is not as popular in US compared to Britain and Europe so it is not likely there were many trials bikes in the first place 25 years ago.

There is a classic trialling scene in Britain with vintage bikes but I doubt you could get a decent one and ship it for less than $3000.

• zeno

Look on ebay........................