I started running! I need advice.?

So, I have the mile run coming up in about a month and a 1/2 so I started running for the first time ever. I love on a trail that goes on for miles and miles so that’s convenient. About a week ago I started running everyday. I downloaded an app it’s called “Couch potato to 5k”. It’s been good for me. It gives me... show more So, I have the mile run coming up in about a month and a 1/2 so I started running for the first time ever. I love on a trail that goes on for miles and miles so that’s convenient. About a week ago I started running everyday. I downloaded an app it’s called “Couch potato to 5k”. It’s been good for me. It gives me more energy throughout the day but today exactly a week in was so painful to run. I usually eat a really healthy balanced meal, but running has never been easy for me. But the past 2 days have been amazing and it wasn’t hard at all but then today hit and it was so painful I ran for 2.5 minutes then walked for 2.5 minutes 4 times and I was done but every second of it was so painful. Maybe it was because I ate a VERY high fiber diet today but when I started running my ribs started hurting so bad and I couldn’t hardly breath so I went slower but that was even harder...any advice? I weigh like 190lbs and I’m 5’3 so I’m not athletically built but that’s never been a problem before...please have answers for me! Xoxo
2 answers 2