Anonymous

Are there any states where minimum-wage is realistic?

For example: I just read minimum-wage is $12/hour

in Colorado...which is $1,500/month. You can live

on that salary by getting a studio apartment for $500.

What other states have realistic minimum-wages?

It's clearly not going to be California (where I live).

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Sarah
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Minimum wage is usually for entry-level jobs, such as working at fast food, and is usually meant to be able to save up money and set foot in the workforce, not to raise a family. To be honest, I think $5 an hour would be realistic for minimum wage because it's already hard for teens and college students (and many people, really) to find a job and employers would be able to hire more people.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Nope...

It is not designed to be realistic. It is designed to keep you coming back. It is not design for anyone to break free & fly off into the sunset in their own helicopter..

Think about it

Enjoy your day

• 6 months ago

You don't have to work for minimum wage. The Amazon warehouse where I live pays $15 an hour, and you can live on that if you're careful.

• 6 months ago

That assumes you work full-time. It also assumes you can actually find a studio apartment for $500/month. What makes you think your assumptions bear any relation to reality?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

nope, that is why poverty and homeless is an issue in america.

wages are too low relative to cost of living

san Francisco and los ángeles cost of living is higher than anywhere in the u.s.a with the exception of few cities like New York, Boston, Honolulu, Washington d.c and their homeless problem is partially a result of housing cost being ridiculously high with wages that don't match with the cost of living. regular people cannot afford to pay rent in those cities and as a result, they become homeless, live in public housing, use welfare, live with multiple roommates in a small living size etc.

conservatives whine and complain about homeless and poor living conditions in urban or small town areas, yet they refuse to want to make changes for the betterment of society

if you want to keep people poor and keep wages low, then don't complain about homeless, smelly people, trash, crime, welfare handouts .

all it does is expose you as being ignorant and uneducated

• 6 months ago

California's ($11) is practically the same as Colorado's ($11.10). That might be insufficient for San Diego or San Jose, but it would be enough for a smaller community like Susanville or Alturas out in the boondocks.

• 6 months ago

If your goal in life is to work for a higher minimum wage I suggest you reevaluate your plans and get the qualifications for a decent career.

• 6 months ago

Every states minimum-wage is un-realistic,,,,,the minimum wage is supposed to be an entry level training wage and not supposed to be a living wage.

• 6 months ago

The minimum wage is never realistic. If you raise the minimum wage, minimum wage workers couldn't buy the crap the sell. Who is going to buy a $10 cheeseburger off the dollar menu.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

State minimum wages are easily found with a simple search.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.