what damage does whooping cough inflict?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Whooping cough is a highly contagious disease that affects the lungs. Whooping cough can cause brain damage. pneumonia. seizures. bleeding in the brain. apnea (slowed or stopped breathing), or death. That's why it's so important that you are vaccinated against whooping cough.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

My sister and I caught whooping cough when we were still babies. At that time the vaccine was not readily available.

She nearly died from it and I had a very bad time.

• 11 months ago

It can cause brain damage or even death in babies too young for the full course of vaccines. Whooping cough is highly contagious. That's why it's important for older children to be vaccinated. I took a meal to family from church that had whooping cough. They'd been sick for six weeks. I had to drop the meal at the front door, ring the door bell and then go to my car. When the wife opened the door, I could hear the coughing from the parking lot. It was a deep, barking cough, really a terrible sound. They must have been exhausted from coughing like that for weeks.

• 11 months ago

I had it when I was about 6. I am still here.

• Roddy
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Why had your parents not had you vaccinated against it. Every infant should be given the DTP vaccine (Diptheria, Tetanus and Pertussis - ie Whooping Cough).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

It can vary but includes death fairly often.

• 11 months ago

Children can die. Its one of the side effects in children. The vaccine is the way to go as soon as the child is old enough. For older folks, they should get the vaccine. There is no need to kill or hurt a child that you love.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Your lungs mostly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.