Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareMonitors · 4 months ago

Can my dad monitor my internet traffic?

my dad stole my laptop a week ago and blocked all the porn on it. anyway i found he has been reading my fb and emails. My dad is a control freak and a fundamentalist christian. Im 27 and way too old for this. He never has respected my privcacy he goes thru my stuff all the time. My gramparents are too old to take care of themselves and im in college so i moved in with him. Is there anyway to tell if he is spying on my internet traffic or email account?

Can I stop him?

Ever heard of something called a "password" ?

• Ivanex

if he stole you computer he probably instaled some software to block porn (maybe even see what you are doing) or he used the "parent-thing" of windows (assuming you have windows)

can you stop him? probably, specially if he isnt a expert with computers, and even then there is always a chance.

however I dont know you computer to say "yes, its possible"

tell me, you acess your computer with admin account? the account you use normally have password?

Hi. I answered Your other question too, but to answer both ways You might mean that question - yes. Legally AND technologically.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=view+...

G'Luck!!!

yes and ur internet provider if u certainly dont have a vpn tunnel

if he adds software or parental controls in the router, yes he can.

• don r

.........hell yeah.

If he knows what he is doing, it would possible to see every single thing you do on your device both on and off the internet. I am highly skilled in computer sciences and also have 3 kids, he is just trying to make sure you stay safe so I would respect that...we dad's can be annoying but we mean well.

• Lv 5

Oh sorry about that. Well if he pays the bill, then getting your own service or moving out is really the only way.

Legally? Yes. We don't know how smart he is.

Absolutely yes or no

• Greg

Yes. At work I used to monitor network traffic and could see everything. There are much easier ways to just see what sites you visit.