How can I start planning on going to College/University in the UK, if I'm from the US?

I'm pretty much dead-set on getting my entire degree abroad in the U.K., however, their education system isn't the same and they don't use ACT and SAT tests. How would I apply? Should I do the Clearing courses if my grades aren't up to par? I'm going to be a Juinor this year in High School in America. Thanks.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

European Colleges do not require time to be wasted on Minors. So it is possible to get a degree in two or three years, allowing more time for post-graduate work.

• lucas9056 months agoReport

Yes, I had already knew this

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

You check the entry requirements for the university and course of study you want, and get those requirements. Most universities have websites with all kinds of info, including how to get in.

• Mary
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. You still need the equivalent grades and to meet the university’s entry requirements. In addition UCAS does use AP class grades, SAT and ACT scores to determine your eligibility.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mary
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

They do not. They will count AP classes as equivalent to A2 if you have achieved the required scores, and they absolutely will look at SAT/ACT scores.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.