Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 10 months ago

How can I do both?

How can I become a mathematition and a sergeon at the same time? How could I go to college and study both of them. I like to study a lot and, I have became interested in being a sergeon and a mathematition.

It's best to stick with one thing. But if I was going to have surgery, I wouldn't want

him to be a mathematician with a minor in surgery.

So you should just major in surgery.

• Laurie

If you are a native English speaker, begin with English class - especially spelling and vocabulary.

• 10 months agoReport

I can spell, but I was just in a rush to type this and I did not fix any mistakes.

Nope !! You also need spelling skills, and the ability to recognize red lines and fix your mistakes. Do not be a SURGEON.

You will have to take English so you can spell words correctly FIRST.

• 10 months agoReport

I can spell, I was just typing super fast.

Considering you cannot spell at all, you have no hope of getting into college to begin with.

• 10 months agoReport

That is not true, I can spell I was just in a hurry to type this and I was typing on my phone where the keyboard is tiny.

You can major in math as undergrad and then go to med school. Contrary to popular opinion, you do not need to major in biology (or similar) or pre-med (most universities do not actually have a "pre-med" degree even though people love to say they are majoring in pre-med). You can major in whatever you want, you just need to have taken the minimum course requirements which will include things like biology and chemistry. You'll need to do a little research on this, but it is definitely doable.

Well you start by learning to spell surgeon

• Kelley

Find out first what God wants you to do in life. Do that

• 10 months agoReport

He wants me to do well on life and he wants me to do what makes me happy in life. He would be happy of I had these jobs don't you think? I think God wants me to do this.

• Don't worry about being a surgeon. Just stick to what you're good at.

• donnie

Work one or both jobs part time. You can also do math as a hobby and not as a career. Being a surgeon is a lot of work and more of a life style then a job. You may have to come in to work before or after hours and I think even stay over night sometimes. I also think they work long hours. If you just have to have both consider a job advisor.