Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 10 months ago

What does "us tug for lah" mean?

Hello Muslims, I hope you can help me with this. As a result of losing a bet, I had to flash my **** to a group of guys (toplessness is legal here).

A Muslim guy covered his eyes and kept saying "us tug for lah" as he went away.

What does that mean? And why did he cover his eyes: are my **** ugly or is he just gay?

Substitute **** with boobs or breasts

• Kin

He said Astaghfirullah, I seek forgiveness from Allah. I agree with Adullah.

Second, Muslims are to avert their eyes or lower our vision, whether male or female, Allah commands us Muslims to look away from looking at the opposite sex directly or to lower our gaze..it is the etiquette of Allah and to respect the opposite sex and not look at their private parts. It is a command of Allah.

First time just looking at someone innocently or by mistake is human nature and forgiven but when looking at or staring at someone the second time, it is a sin and not allowed. If that guy were to look at you the second time, he would have sinned and in trouble with Allah.

Muslims are not allowed to stare at the opposite sex so much especially someone who is not your spouse and to respect them. It doesn't mean eye contact is forbidden or interacting with others, just a minimum to be aware of Allah.

What you showed to that guy, is part of your privates, parts of your body are considered private and shouldn't be shown.

You've exposed your private areas. The chest is part of the private parts of the body. Your thighs are private as well. From the ankle and above the rest of your body is considered private and shouldn't be exposed regarding in my faith except with your spouse, with your family or anyone who is not a stranger.

When you are at home, you can wear what you like around your loved ones or your spouse.

The man only acted as he should be doing...he was only obeying his Lord Allah and doesn't mean he thinks of you being unattractive or something. That man did what he was expected to do from Allah and Allah appreciates, Allah will reward him hopefully for obeying Allah.

That man was only obeying a command from Allah and a woman would do the same if she experienced something similar.

Allah Al-Malik, may He be exalted, said,

"Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest and guard their modesty {guard their private parts}. That is purer for them. And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigor, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah together, O believers, in order that ye may succeed."

- Surat, Al Noor, the Light, 24:30-31

Allah wants His servants to be successful and not be tempted by evil.

What you did is not normal in our religion and not very appropriate. It is not acceptable to be so careless in exposing yourself like that to others who are not your family and not your spouse. So of course a Muslim, submitter to Allah, who is conscious and aware of Allah will not disobey Allah and will do his/her best to seek refuge in Allah.

Allah appreciates modesty and shyness and even the angels understand this modesty. Allah appreciates when others cover up and are aware of themselves.

If we see something by mistake we shouldn't see, we are to seek refuge with Allah and ask for His forgiveness, to forgive our shortcomings and Allah is well aware of all actions and our deeds. And Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Forbearing.

• Kin

You need to stop lying about my religion you freak, now get out and never comment to me again.

Astak firullah in Arabic means , May Allah forgive our short coming, or mistake or sin.

So as a Muslim he turn his eyes away from you by covering his eyes not to see your private parts , that is why he said that statement.

• Damien

he said astag firullah. its a arabic phrase religious arabs use all the time, infact its become like a famous dialogue now. muslims who dont even know how to speak arabic will keep using it. it a expression of shame, disgust, disapproval, basically means i seek forgiveness from allah, hes basically asking allah for forgiveness cause he feels he did a bad thing by looking at your whatever you showed him.

I seek forgiveness from Allah . It's usually used for disgust.