promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Which older motherboard is better Asus M5A 78L-M LX plus or the MSI H81M-P33? Thanks for your help...?

Just got these 2 older motherboards and would like to build a gaming computer on a budget which one should I use?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

IMHO, the primary thing to consider is which processor do you want to use?

The MSI board is an Intel Socket 1150 motherboard that supports 4th Generation Intel processors. The Asus M5A motherboard is an AMD socket AM3+ motherboard that supports AMD's FX and Phenom II series. The MSI Socket 1150 board is the best for gaming because it can support Intel processors like the Core i7-4770. It would also support the Core i7-4790k with a BIOS update. In gaming the FX-8370 simply can't match the Core i7-4770 and it gets wasted by the 4790k.

RAM is mostly irrelevant if you have 16gb installed, which is what's needed for modern gaming.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

The Asus. It has CrossFireX (so you can have 2 graphics cards for better gaming), it supports faster ram (1866 when overclocking), but that said, you really should look at what game you want to play, to make sure the board can handle it. Also, I would inspect both boards. Look for swollen caps, warped board, loose heat sinks. Picking the better board if it is just going to fail in a few months, isn't the better option.

• 9 months ago

From personal experience, I'd go with MSI. Never had a problem with MSI.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

The MSI would probably be better, although MSI is a **** brand. It supports more RAM and better processors.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.