Was I wrong for declining to sell my puppy to this buyer?

I listed my puppy up craigslist for $100. Unfortunately, I am in a crisis that is forcing me to locate to another state. I had a guy come by to pick him up, but he seemed sort of out of the ordinary. He was dressed in black goth clothing, a black trench coat, didn't say much, seemed pretty reclusive.... show more I listed my puppy up craigslist for $100. Unfortunately, I am in a crisis that is forcing me to locate to another state. I had a guy come by to pick him up, but he seemed sort of out of the ordinary. He was dressed in black goth clothing, a black trench coat, didn't say much, seemed pretty reclusive. Wasn't much of a talker and just wanted to pay and leave. I didn't want to tell him that I didn't feel comfortable selling to him, so I told him that I actually made a mistake on the price and was actually higher. He then got really upset with me and wanted me to take the $100 since he was already there. I said sorry. He then got in his car and sped off. Was I wrong for turning him down? I don't really like to judge people, but he just didn't seem like a animal person.
15 answers 15