katie asked in SportsBaseball · 4 months ago

should i be a team manager?

i tried out for the freshman team and got cut. they asked me if i wanted to be the team manager. should i do it or no. i know all the people on the team and it might be awkward since they know i got cut

if you believe you know enough on baseball,

No, because i'm the team manager. Well i'm not the team manager yet. But I will be soon. I called next. I raised my hand, and as we all know the importance of good manners in sports, "especially baseball" I was also polite by raising my hand, clearly yelling out "I got next" and proceeded to say please and thank you! So no. You cannot be manager! I am!

• If you want. It is not a bad gig. Depends if you can go to all the games or not.

If you accepted, it would show you have character. It's not easy to accept a lower position when you've been let go (in anything). But by accepting it, you'll demonstrate maturity. I say go for it! (Plus you never know: another spot could come up; and next year your good deed will not be forgotten). Keep yourself in shape and be ready to play when you get your shot!

• Kathy

You should do it. You may learn things that will help you make the team next year.

Yes you should. You can be the leader of the freshman squad.