How to withstand a punch to the belly?

I was punched in the belly yesterday. I fell to my knees and was unable to do anything except trying to breathe for at least five minutes. It was just one punch. Can i learn to withstand stomach pain from a punch? I don t want it to happen again.

• Marc
    Favorite Answer

Work on your abs to make them strong and practice withstanding lighter punches and work up to stronger punches. This is part of fight training...being able to take a punch

• Yves11 months agoReport

Yeah i think i will begin doint sit-ups since my abs are close to non-existent. Thanks for the reply.

• Edna

If you don't want it to happen again, then don't get into any more fights and get punched in the belly.

• Yves11 months agoReport

It was not my choice if a guy was thinking i was onto his girlfriend just for talking to her. I said i was not but he punched me anyway.

build your abs and flex the muscles when taking a punch.

One famous death though to take as a word of caution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Houdini#Death

It's best to avoid it.

If it's unavoidable, flex your abs right before the strike. It's not going to make you invincible. But it helps. That is how I was taught.

Don't get involved in a fight.

• Yves11 months agoReport

I'm a non-violent person. I was talking to a girl when his boyfriend showed up and asked me if i was onto his girlfrend. I sais no but he punched me anyway.

It is better to learn to step aside.