I am 34, unemployed and have always lived with my parents - is anyone else in the same situation and how do you cope?

• Teal

I don't think there is any shame in living with parents, assuming you contribute and aren't literally living like a child. In most of the world, and throughout most of human history, people lived with family and it was a given that you would care for your parents in their old age. Why is it more acceptable to live with strangers than people who actually care about you? But they aren't going to live forever. You need a long term plan to support yourself should they become disabled or pass away. It's a gift that you have the time and freedom to make these decisions and don't have to worry about being thrown out in to the world unprepared. Do what you need to do now to plan for your future, don't wait for the worst to happen.

• Ricky

27 and still live with my parents. Ur not the only one

Start with, Get A Job.

Any Job. Get One.

• Nickname11 months agoReport

If only it was that easy! lol