Tommy asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 3 months ago

can i put my windows 10 on my new computer?

i have an old pc with windows 10, can i put that windows 10 on a new pc i just bought? thank you.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

were to i find image of pretty woman

• Ivanex
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

you can try to put the old disk in the new machine, and use some software to remove and install drivers. I did that with a windows 8....however, do a backup of that disk, i can not assure you that it will work

• 3 months ago

yes use torrent xddd

be serious u can just use ur hard drive from old pc

• 3 months ago

Most likely not. The only Windows that is transferable is the retail version that an individual buys. Computer manufactures put an OEM version that is permanently tied to that machine. While you can put Windows 10 on the new computer if for some reason it doesn't have it, you will have to buy a license. Most people get OEM's because they are usually half the price.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Why do you need Windows? There are loads of free alternatives that are more modern and faster than Win 10. They are called Linux.

• Higgy Baby
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

I agree- unless you have a specific need for windows 10- there are several Linux distributions that are much better, easier, and trouble free.
      I tried Ubuntu in 2008- it was so easy and trouble free- I am still using in today- just a newer version- Ubuntu Mate 16.04

• 3 months ago

The new pc that you just bought ought to have Windows 10 already on it. what operating system is on the PC that you just bought

• 3 months ago

It depends on the product key you have on the old system. If you have a retail product key, you should be able to call MS and tell them you want to transfer the key from the old system to the new one. Of course, this will deactivate your old system.

However, if you have an OEM key, then that cannot be transferred. The OEM agreement states that the product key can only be used on that specific computer and cannot be transferred.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Do you have the license key for Windows or did it come preinstalled on that system?

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Microsoft lists the Windows 10 minimum hardware requirements as:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC.

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.

Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS.

Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.

Display: 800x600.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.