Can't access Samsun J3, need to know how to access phone without previous Gmail account.?

My girlfriend's friend, had an abusive partner she left, but he was the only one who had signed in with a Gmail account on her Samsung J3. I tried hard rest but it still requires a previous Gmail account. Is there another way to get round this? The guy is a bad egg, he's deliberately trying to cause her... show more My girlfriend's friend, had an abusive partner she left, but he was the only one who had signed in with a Gmail account on her Samsung J3. I tried hard rest but it still requires a previous Gmail account. Is there another way to get round this?

The guy is a bad egg, he's deliberately trying to cause her hassle. I tried use the phone number and name on account but he's changed it. I don't know what else to do. It's a contract phone that she's having to pay for that she isn't able to use, the other two he smashed up and she hasn't been able to use but had to pay for as well. It's a messed up situation for her because she's paying for three phones she isn't able to use.