Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 12 months ago

I just inherited $75,000... should I invest in Stock Market or is the Orange Depression looming?

"The Secret of Getting Ahead is Getting Started." - Mark Twain. There is always some reason not to invest, but if you sit on the sidelines and the market rallies 30% what are you going to do then? Invest in a diversified portfolio that includes some cash to deploy if there is a sell off and securities that kick out consistent income to reinvest with and then it doesn't really matter about guessing the time of the ups and downs of the market and the whole thing becomes an autopilot portfolio that plods along good markets or bad.

for the short term put the money in a money market fund.

Oranges are doing very well, and have been for a few years. Why don't you day trade? It's quick money, if you don't mind sitting at your computer for a while each day.

• Amy

The impending depression is going to include tons of inflation, so you should definitely invest in SOMETHING other than cash.

You can wait for the market to crash before buying stocks, or buy gold, or TIPS.

Hello

If you truly want to be success then obtain a mentor.

Best of luck with your endeavours

maybe you can do both if you have that much money

• Murzy

Get professional advice and invest some in risk and most in more secure options.

CYA. Utility stocks rise when the market falls. When the economy gets better, a rising tide raises all boats.

Yes, stocks are very volatile due to Trump's stupidity. I would keep the money under your mattress for safe keeping.

• y

If you won't need that money if we go into another depression, then investing it is fine as long as you let it ride. That's the trick though, predicting future needs. Those that didn't get wiped out or didn't pull pull it out of the market, are now riding pretty high. My daughters trust is paying double currently if thing hold true. My own investments got wiped out. Then again our broker(big firm) got busted for compensating the big clients losses by wiping us little guys out. Yes, just under half a mill is a little guy. That firm is no longer in business but not one of them, got punished as far as I can see.