What is wrong with my abdomen?

Im a 19 year old male skinny. Ive been feeling weird symptoms in the left side of my abdomen for about 2 months now. I went to the GP today but he said theres nothing wrong with me, but I can feel that something is not right. The symptoms I feel are more prominent when lying down:

- Vast amount of grumbling and popping sounds

- Stomach feels quite heavy especially in morning

-Lower left abdomen also feels heavy and feels like my intestine cramps, I can feel something hard when pushing down. It feels like my intestines are swollen. (Only when lying down)

-I've noticed that my stool almost always sinks now (before it never). On two occasions I noticed a lot of mucus.

I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a rough idea of why I could be experiencing these symptoms. And anything that could help soothe it.

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

IBS and the pain is spasm of the colon as the gas passes through (I have it) and my stool always sinks, the mucus is caused by the bowel secretion to pass the stool smoothly.

You can buy antispasmodic from a pharmacist, these settle the cramps and gas.

There, not so bad is it?

Could be early colitis. Mucus usually means inflammation especially if it's mucusy often. IBS is hard to define but especially if you're feeling fevery or tired lately, get a colonoscopy they're not too bad, cause that's how it was for me for months when I had early stages of colitis

This could be IBS but is more likely Chron's disease. The latter can cause fecal impaction to the extent of causing fecoperisis (the presence of stool in the stomach).

• audrey

Since you've already seen your GP, all you can do is ask him to refer you to a specialist.

you need to go see your doctor and get it checked out