A guy hit my car from the back on the freeway. And the guy is lying about someone else hitting his car. Causing him to rear end my car?

A guy hit my car from the back on the freeway. We exchanged insurance and ID cards. He had a huge pick up truck and I have a Nissan Versa. My bumper has minor damage but it’s hard to close my trunk now. And my mom and I sub stained some injuries. I called both insurance company to report the issue. He reported to his insurance company that someone hit his car and caused him to rear end my car. Now his insurance company is saying he was not at fault due to a hit and run. I never saw a car hit his. What should I do?

You don't need to do nuffin. It makes no difference to you. Here's why...

In any rear-end collision, the vehicle that did the rear-ending is 100% responsible for hitting the vehicle in front. Every time, no exceptions... except for the one this guy doesn't know.

The one (and only) exception would be if his vehicle was completely stopped and pushed / thrown into yours. When that happens, his vehicle stops being a vehicle and becomes a projectile. But he only gets off the hook if he can prove his truck was at a dead stop, not rolling in any way, and he will be asked to prove it. And he can't prove it, because the damage will tell the truth.

If his truck (fully stopped) was actually hit from behind hard enough to be thrown into your vehicle, he will have massive damage to his rear end. His entire cargo box will be destroyed, and the vehicle that hit him won't be able to leave the scene without a tow truck. And the insurance companies know it, because that's what they do for a living.

The guy who hit you heard somewhere that he can claim he was hit from behind and pushed into your vehicle, but he doesn't know it only works for fully stopped vehicles. He probably won't even say he was fully stopped, he'll say he was driving a safe distance behind you. He might even try to claim that the road was slippery, that your brake lights weren't working, that you stopped suddenly for no reason, that his windshield was fogged up, or all of the above. Because he thinks that will get him off the hook for your damage. And he'll be wrong, because none of that stuff matters. When his insurance company sees no (or very little) damage to the rear of his truck, they'll accept 100% responsibility on his behalf. So make sure you have a repair estimate ready, because they'll want to see it before they approve your repairs. And they will.

But what if this guy still insists it wasn't his fault, you ask? What if he gets himself a lawyer and threatens to sue his insurance company (and you, and whoever else) if they don't change their minds? Nothing happens, nothing at all. Insurance companies are totally allowed to accept liability (fault) on behalf of their customers, and it says so right in the contract. Their decision is final.

• zipper

Makes no difference if he has no insurance info from who hit him to give you, he is still at fault and should be paying you. Get an attorney involved, NOW!

either way he hit you, doesnt matte why he hit you, if he want to try and claim from somebody else let him, wont alter the fact that he hit you, and from what your saing of the damage your claiming injuries, come on, very little dameg yet you sustained physical injuries, from a rear ender, lol, i got my car concertinad once and didnt get a penny

You are full of crap.. he hit you from behind because he was either following to close, not paying attention or speeding and you may have stop or slowed short to help cause it. HIS INS company will pay as HE HIT YOU ... THATS SIMPLE... ITS their problem to find who if anyone hit him from behind.. HE HIT YOUR BACK HE IS AT FAULT... NO MATTER EVEN IF HE WAS HIT from behind and pushed into you.DO NOT SIGN anything saying he is not at fault etc... YOUR insurance company is paid by you to fight for you make them do their job and you do not talk to theirs insurance of him about it.. MAKE YOUR INSURANCE EARN THE MONEY YOU HAVE BEEN PAYING THEM.

I doubt his insurance would say that, but it does not matter since your own insurance would just ignore that. He hit you, he is responsible for damages. Let your own agent handle it.

• May

What he says, is of no consequence to you. What should you do? You should use your own collision coverage and tell your insurance company your side of the story. They will investigate. They will protect you, they will pay to repair your car, they will go after the other party(s). They are experts. Use them.

When you have insurance..... USE IT !

• JetDoc

Doesn't matter if someone hit his truck from the rear. HE is still responsible for the damage to YOUR car. If you want legal advice, go talk to a lawyer.

Doesn't matter what went on behind him. His ins has to make you whole. If you have injuries, you MUST consult an attorney asap.

It's no longer your problem, it's your insurance company's problem unless you only have liability cover. In which case call a lawyer.

you could try talking to a lawyer about it