Question about DVD Player in a Laptop running Windows 10?

I am thinking about getting a Dell Laptop running Windows 10 that has a DVD Player. I know that Microsoft did away with Media Player a while back, so I am curious what exactly a DVD Player on a computer running Windows 10 is using if it's not Media Player? Thanks for any help you can give as I really want a laptop with a DVD Player and want to know what I'm going to be dealing with.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Best Answer

AFAIK it is Windows Media player. Yeah, I just checked it is Windows Media Player or MP4 files. I use VLC because Windows refuses to play some DVD due to copywrite protection thingy, EVEN IF YOU BOUGHT THE DISK and therefore paid the royalties...it still refuses.

. VLC does not get hampered by that, it is a free download and you just use it to play anything...music or videos . It works without a hitch.

• 3 months ago

• 3 months ago

What is your question?

• 3 months ago

VLC or K-Lite (Media Player Classic) Codec Pack will do DVD playing piece of cake. But if you spend money for it, buy Cyberlink products.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dave
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You will need to install a DVD player software. I use VLC, works awesome and it's free.

• David
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The program that is now used is called Microsoft DVD player

• Adrian
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

VLC player is free, and will play just about anything....

• John
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

When I found VLC I stopped looking for a better video player.

• WhoMe?
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

My question, as contained in my original question, is what is a DVD Player using on a computer running Windows 10 if it's not Media Player? In other words, if I am playing a DVD in the DVD Player, what will it use if it's not Media Player? That is my question.

• PTAY JOHN3 months agoReport

The Preinstalled "Video" App. But it's no good. Just download the free VLC Player instead. Its better than the preinstalled media player. Just suggesting anyway.

• 3 months ago

You do not have a question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.