Kaz
Lv 6
Kaz asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

Yellow Corn Torillas... Can these be eaten right out of the package? Or do they have to be cooked &/or heated?

I'm looking for lower sodium options for lunches (instead of bread), and these are incredibly low in sodium.

Thank you for your response.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, they are cooked. You can also put them on a plate in the microwave with a damp paper towel over them for 10-20 seconds depending on how any you have. Hot pan or burner gives them a grilled flavor and texture. Steaming them lets you roll them up and makes them soft. Neither is better, just what you are looking for.

• 4 months ago

They can be eaten out of the package, but taste best heated or toasted, and when room temperature or cold they tear very easily

• 4 months ago

yes you can eat them straight out of the package but they do taste a little chewy and rubbery like that.

• Todd
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

You can. I'm not sure sodium is the problem though comparing something like multi-grain bread to tortillas.

• Lib.rare.ian
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

You can buy low-sodium bread. A corn tortilla is not going to satisfy anyone craving a sandwich.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lolly
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

They are already cooked.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I prefer them heated up. Hot pan, 10 seconds or so per side.

But they are safe to eat out of the package.

• Benny
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

They *can* be eaten right out of the package, but they're much better heated. Try putting one directly on your stove's burner over medium heat for 10-15 seconds per side. 🌮

• 4 months ago

i would look at the directions on the package, it would probably tell you

• A C
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

right out of package is ok

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.