My dad wants to give me his old car that is a little bit newer then mine?

I currently drive a 1996 toyota corolla. And it runs pretty good but it is starting to rust. My dad want to give me his 2005 ford escape because he wants to get the new mazda cx5 or toyota rav4. Should i still keep the corolla for know or take the ford escape? to be honest im not really into suv's and i have... show more I currently drive a 1996 toyota corolla. And it runs pretty good but it is starting to rust. My dad want to give me his 2005 ford escape because he wants to get the new mazda cx5 or toyota rav4. Should i still keep the corolla for know or take the ford escape? to be honest im not really into suv's and i have driven both and the corolla handles better. What do you think i should do?
Update: Yes the escape has slightly lower mileage. It has 103k while my corolla is at 128k. But i don't really drive alot i maybe put 2000 miles on it every year.