Can I have help with a poem I want to write?

My ex husband loves poetry. I do a lot of it but haven't shared much to him and I don't know where to start. I have made some mistakes in our marriage, some completely redeemable but some he needs time to himself to try and get over and he is hoping that I can prove I'm better and that I CARE about him.... show more My ex husband loves poetry. I do a lot of it but haven't shared much to him and I don't know where to start. I have made some mistakes in our marriage, some completely redeemable but some he needs time to himself to try and get over and he is hoping that I can prove I'm better and that I CARE about him. He hasnt felt cared for..and his trust in that is damaged...and part of that is cause I have PTSD through health anxiety. I waited too long to get that help cause I was too frightened. I didn't get help till he threatened to leave me..and the fact I waited till that point was a huge stick in the road for him. Ive been going to therapy regularly now and the positive aspects, personally and generally are already much clearer. It is a long road, but I am on it...FOR ME and for the benefit of others.

I would like help with a poem. I've got ideas but the wording is all wrong. I just want to address that I care about him. And make him feel so great and uplifted by what he is reading. I was hoping for some general ideas from the forum here on phrases or ways to word things in that realm that really hit the mark. I know he loves poems, and he loves hearing why and how I do care, I just want to put it in a really creative way.
1 answer 1