why is there soduim lauryl sulfate in my supplement when its a cleaning product?

Favorite Answer

It can act as a laxative on some people and it can be quite harsh. I'm really not sure why it would be in there because there are mild laxatives that are safer and work with the body's natural rhythm. maybe it's just filler, although that doesn't 100% make sense either. What is it a supplement for? Many of these so called supplements do nothing and some have things you shouldn't be ingesting in large quantities. If it is a vitamin supplement you are actually better off adjusting your diet so you get what you need from your food -not from a pill.

• Linda S

Your symptoms could also be caused by thyroid disease, celiac, nutrient deficiencies, and immune system problems. All these need an MD, not enzymes and supplements.

• kelvin

stop ingesting tide pods

• tammy4 months agoReport

you are a asshole no need your comment

no its in my vitamin scared to take it now took it for 3 days and broke out in hives

• Mark

Because that is a detergent. Most liquid body "soaps" are actually synthetic detergents, which is generally a good thing, as they lather even in hard water.