Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 months ago

Why would an ex cop be for banning guns?

Favorite Answer

MAYBE HE HAS SEEN TOO MUCH BUT WE ARE ALLOWED TO DEFEND OURSELVES...

• Road Warrior4 months agoReport

Must be a few LL college-boy cops with socialism majors who think banning our rights to own might make a difference. None I ever met. 2 armed citizens stopped Loughner when no cops around.

Cops are human. Humans have opinions. A college-boy cop just might have a liberal attitude.

Most cops I know are not anti-gun. They go to gun shows, fire automatics on their free time, etc. Not one I met is in favor of disarming public. They all know it takes them 4 minutes or more to get to a call. A lot can die in 4 minutes. The elimination of necessity of a concealed carry permit in my state means, less work for them.

• donnie

Everyone has their own beliefs. It does not make them correct but cops are people too and every one of them has differences of opinions. .

• Foofa

Same reason Tulsi Gabbard is so anti-war. This is a person who's seen the business end of bad stuff and so would understandably be against it.

cause he probably sees how many people are getting killed with guns

• Kenny

Everyone has their opinion. If that is the situation criminals will still have theirs and actually create a bigger market for them ( ie the Japanese yakuza).

• David

Because they don't want to worry about being shot every time they interact with someone.

Because he either hasn't read or doesn't understand the US Constitution.

Understand I am a conservative Christian and a gun owner. For the record, I believe in the Second Amendment BUT it is not absolute. I believe there should be greater controls today on who may own a gun. I mean let's get real. You have to be tested just to drive a car and licensed to operate a HAM radio. Frankly, I think all gun owners should be tested and licensed, and if you sell or give a gun to someone who is unlicensed, you should be charged with a crime.

You must be 21 to make sure your brain is slightly developed with a sense of humanity. Background checks are worthless if you're allowed to fill them out yourself. This last mass shooter is being charged with lying on a federal background form! There should be a section of the FBI that is responsible for background checks, which would serve as a waiting period to give the depressed teenage kneejerk nuts time to settle down.

Gun owners should be licensed and the license should be as difficult as as a license to fly an airplane.

I haven't met one yet who is for banning guns.

Personally, I think we need to listen to the wisdom

of Republican christians. We NEED more guns ---

more guns in households, more firearms on the streets.

Fewer restrictions, more hi-powered rifles and more automatics.

Proud Member of the NRA! <--- sticker on my rear bumper

Here come the crybaby downvotes!

• Road Warrior4 months agoReport

And Whom , jp , is going to decide who is "qualified"? You? A leftist liberal? Right means Right, not a privilege like a driver's license. My Grandma should be jailed for giving Grandpa's guns to Me?

• .

He wouldn't since that would require changing the US Constitution and only a couple states might vote for that.

For six decades, American Citizens have been asked in surveys:

"Do you think there should be a law that would ban the possession of handguns, except by the police?"

Look at the results. Americans don't support that proposal.

• 4 months agoReport

"Look at the results. Americans don't support that proposal."

INDEED - THEY SHOULDN'T !!