Will pushing all the way on the gas cause any problems?

I have a 2006 ford mustang and when I first got it I would race sometimes and push all the way on the gas. It had a previous owner and the only problem was a oil seal pan leak. It has about 130k miles also. But a couple days later when I got home and turned off my car and turned it back on I heard knocking noises and found out it was my timing chain that got fcked up. But I wasnt for sure if it was just going bad or if I caused it. After I bought it from him i checked the engine and it sounded as fine as it is now which is fixed.

I'd Never do this on any vehicle I Cared about. Even if I were assured it was OK.

Engines that are pushed last way less time than ones that are treated gently. Why do you think boy racers are always breaking down?

Stressing the engine by revving it fully could damage it (and damage the timing chain).

• g

WOT on any motor vehicle causes major undue stress.

By doing so you placed stress on a couple of dozen engine components which could be subject to failure.

Good job, Markel.

• Jay P

Assuming the engine is in good health, wide-open-throttle is not a big deal as long as you don't do it all the time.

But it does cause additional stress on the engine which is why I don't recommend you do it often.