Will pushing all the way on the gas cause any problems?

I have a 2006 ford mustang and when I first got it I would race sometimes and push all the way on the gas. It had a previous owner and the only problem was a oil seal pan leak. It has about 130k miles also. But a couple days later when I got home and turned off my car and turned it back on I heard knocking noises and found out it was my timing chain that got fcked up. But I wasnt for sure if it was just going bad or if I caused it. After I bought it from him i checked the engine and it sounded as fine as it is now which is fixed.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

I'd Never do this on any vehicle I Cared about. Even if I were assured it was OK.

• 12 months ago

Engines that are pushed last way less time than ones that are treated gently. Why do you think boy racers are always breaking down?

• 12 months ago

Stressing the engine by revving it fully could damage it (and damage the timing chain).

• g
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

WOT on any motor vehicle causes major undue stress.

By doing so you placed stress on a couple of dozen engine components which could be subject to failure.

Good job, Markel.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Assuming the engine is in good health, wide-open-throttle is not a big deal as long as you don't do it all the time.

But it does cause additional stress on the engine which is why I don't recommend you do it often.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.