Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 11 months ago

Is high blood pressure dangerous at 158/100?

My job is very stressful and my area. I try to eat healthy

Favorite Answer

Yes, it can be. If it stays there too long it can cause a stroke. In terms of acute care (i.e. we need to do something right now) We generally want to see the top number BELOW 150 and the bottom number BELOW 100.

I can say this 1000 times a day and the same dumbasses will Tell you outright LIES here. Blood pressure is "Normal at 120 or below /80 or below Normal and healthy This means 2 nights ago when My bp was 115/58 and MY Heart rate was 59 bpm I am IN good shape as far as MY arterial & Cardiac Health. It's Taken 10 years this October To recover ... Doctors AT that time told me for 15 years 140/90 was Just fine NO worries BUT In Fact the whole time IT was getting closer and closer every minute of every day to killing me, the strain of 140/90 Long term was enough to damage My Aorta which eventually Burst, and I died ... Thankfully I live Very close by my State's Trauma Center and was saved... I was 51 so NOT 70 or 80 either.... Look heat and pain and stress in live can raise your Blood pressure BUT if your at 130/85 Normally, getting your panties all bunched up one afternoon and causes you to dry off the road Your pressure isn't GOING to Just JUMP 30 points /25 points dont be ridiculous.... Fee l free to listen to whomever you want to I honestly couldnt care less But if you want to seriously change and LIVE 5 -20 years Longer Then get your head out of your *** Get off Yahoo answerholes and Learn what you need to do health wise and Food wise and more To save your own Life (HINT the doctor Knows what they can do and Usually do it They dont really care if YOu follow advice they give Because You will just keep paying them and ignoring them till you die

If that is your regular BP then a doctor will tell you that you are at a high risk of stroke or heart attack over time if your BP is not lowered or treated with medication

• Pippin

Are you asking if you will drop dead from a stroke tomorrow? Very unlikely.

Are you asking if it an cause issues over the long term and should probably be treated? Yes.

anything over 140 you need to go see a doctor about, im on high blood pressure pills myself

• Mark

Yes, you could have a stroke. Talk to your doctor about medication, but I think you already knew that, and just like to see your post online.

• Lili

If that's your regular pressure, yes, it's too high and you should be talking to a doctor about medication.

I recently had an emergency room visit and my pressure was that high initially because I was in pain and great stress, but once my problem was dealt with, my pressure dropped down to normal levels.