promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

when to sell my 2008 hyundai sonata(before it loses complete market value? it is at 152,100 miles. i am the 2nd owner?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Your 11 year old 152K mile Sonata has already lost the majority of its market value (and it lost the majority of what it had before when the first owner drove it off the lot).

On the upside, there are any number of people out there willing to overpay for high-mileage vehicles as long as they are in functional condition.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

You're the 2nd owner. You can't sell it because it isn't your car.

• Lauren10 months agoReport

yea you’re completely wrong thanks but no thanks. i am the second OWNER look that up on dictionary. com next time prior to the answer k thank ya

• Scott
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You're too late.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Kind of late now. It has very little value left to lose. Keep driving it. At this point, its value won't really continue declining. But any money spent on its maintenance will not add to its value either.

$300 on new tires don't add $50 to its value.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Any car that is 11 years old and with 152K miles has already lost most of its market value. Another year or two won't make that much difference in terms of dollars.

• 10 months ago

At this point it doesn't really matter. Value, on Hyundais especially, is like a logarithmic curve. It rapidly loses value in its first few years, and then it gradually slows down. There is a bigger difference in value between 40K and 80K miles than there is between 100K and 200K. Sell it if you want, but don't feel like the clock is ticking. It isn't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.