Kennel Attendants, is this normal for a working interview?

A week ago, I had a working interview with a clinic's dog boarding section for their Kennel Attendant role, and some thing struck me as odd. Of course, this was my first working interview, so I'm not sure if this would be considered normal. When I got there, everyone was nice and welcoming, I filled in an... show more A week ago, I had a working interview with a clinic's dog boarding section for their Kennel Attendant role, and some thing struck me as odd. Of course, this was my first working interview, so I'm not sure if this would be considered normal. When I got there, everyone was nice and welcoming, I filled in an application, etc., and the hiring manager brought me back to the kennels. So far, so good. She immediately left me with another employee who'm I basically followed around, and asked questions about what needed to be done. However, I was never shown how things worked or where everything needed to be, I had to ask basic questions like 'Where does this go?' or 'How do I work this (in regards to sanitation)?' Which, in regards to the second question, fair enough I did have work experience so they probably assumed I used something like that before, but I at least generally expect to be shown around and where things go, as different clinics may work differently. I was also approached by the hiring manager close to my shifts end, and she asked if I could stay an hour extra, which was fine with me. Close to the hour I was originally supposed to leave, another employee told me it was fine to go and that the manager wouldn't care. Also, I haven't yet been paid for the interview. Is this a normal thing with working interviews at kennels, or should i be suspicious?
Update: A clarification seems to be needed here.

About the money. I should have clarified that the not being paid part was only added in case in meant something to the problem. I don't honestly care that I wasn't paid, and I was not aware that most working interview do not end in pay as I read most should.