2666 on 2133 mobo?

I have a bm-150a motherboad which has a max ram frequency of 2133. It currently has 8g of ddr4 2133 ram which I would like to add to. Since I purchased it two years ago, the availability of 2133 ram has diminished and now all I can find is 2666 ram. I don't know if this is will cause any issues. I've... show more I have a bm-150a motherboad which has a max ram frequency of 2133.

It currently has 8g of ddr4 2133 ram which I would like to add to.

Since I purchased it two years ago, the availability of 2133 ram has diminished and now all I can find is 2666 ram.

I don't know if this is will cause any issues. I've read the bios or something will "downclock" or whatever that means to make it work.

What I would like to know is if it causes any issues, or maybe it will not get the most out of the ram because of the mismatch. Should I get 2133 ram if I am able to find it or will it not make a difference.

Anything else I should know or look into in the specs?