somegirl asked in HealthMental Health · 11 months ago

Would drinking alcohol help anxiety?

Update:

i meant if i feel anxious before going to a certain place, if i have one drink would that help me? im not saying i want to become an alcohol addict. i defnitely wont, i just meant as a one off occasion

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

no alcohol, sit quiet and breath clear your mind of all thoughts they are not real you make them up yourself in the mind and it drains you of energy, try and be in the moment don't think back or forward live for each day, no one knows what tomorrow brings.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Layne
    Lv 5
    11 months ago

Not a good coping mechanism!!~ IMHO

• 11 months ago

No not at all, it can make it worse, just face what is bothering you, work your way through it, you're not alone, it passes.

• 11 months ago

Alcohol is a temporary escape from anxiety, once the effects fade it comes rushing back. Don't resort to the easy way out. Try to seek help from a therapist for anxiety, don't overdose on alcohol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

I recovered from cancer by drinkin alcohol

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Anxiety is caused by trying to think ahead to all possible bad outcomes....

You control nothing.

Stay here in the moment....

Worrying is 'tormenting your own mind with your own thoughts.'

• cool
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

no, alcohol causes brain damage

• me
    Lv 4
    11 months ago

I think Alcohol will help for 30 minutes, but it is better to get professional help for the anxiety.

• 11 months ago

Yes. And No. Anxiety is frequently used as a 'reason' to drink. "It will calm my nerves." But many have been tricked into becoming extremely dependent on that 'nerve calmer' and it has ruined not only their lives but the lives of everyone near and dear to them Find some other way to deal with your anxiety.

• 11 months ago

Possibly temporarily, but after while it can cause depression. Use some breathing techniques, or mindfulness/meditation - look on YouTube. We all get anxious occasionally - it is far from unusual. Plan to make the necessary changes. Catch the brilliant coach Anthony Robbins on Youtube

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.