Is it right to sterilizate my dog if it's not going to mate or breed ?

Guys my dog has no intention of mating or breeding , he rumbles around the house and play with me like crazy , he eats super healthy food and never ate any dry food in his life , he's never done anything sexual in the house as it referes to wanting to mate or anything, he's like someone in the house living... show more Guys my dog has no intention of mating or breeding , he rumbles around the house and play with me like crazy , he eats super healthy food and never ate any dry food in his life , he's never done anything sexual in the house as it referes to wanting to mate or anything, he's like someone in the house living and has no intention to marry. So if he's not going to mate or breed should I bring a vet and sterilizate it because I heard people telling me if it's not going to mate you have to sterilizate it or it will have diseases and die so is this true ?