Adapter for hdd hub failed?

I bought a hard drive hub for sorting out old hard drives. It comes with a power supply sort of like on a laptop. It worked when I tested it at the store but as soon as I plugged it in at home it stopped, no light on the power adapter but I got a shock by the electricity coming out of it. My question is, is... show more I bought a hard drive hub for sorting out old hard drives. It comes with a power supply sort of like on a laptop.

It worked when I tested it at the store but as soon as I plugged it in at home it stopped, no light on the power adapter but I got a shock by the electricity coming out of it.

My question is, is there a chance the electricity coming out of it damage the dock itself? I'm thinking about just returning the power supply instead of bringing the whole thing as it's quite heavy.
1 answer 1