adapter for hdd hub failed?

I bought a hard drive hub for sorting out old hard drives. It comes with a power supply sort of like on a laptop.

It worked when I tested it at the store but as soon as I plugged it in at home it stopped, no light on the power adapter but I got a shock by the electricity coming out of it.

My question is, is there a chance the electricity coming out of it damage the dock itself? I'm thinking about just returning the power supply instead of bringing the whole thing as it's quite heavy.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes, the dock may have been damaged by the shock. Return everything and keep mum about the shock. Don't forget to bring the sales receipt. They should give you a direct replacement if they don't discover the shock part.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.