Checking Wi-Fi passwords?

Hi. I was connected to a network in another place a month ago. I'm not in that Wi-Fi area anymore. Can I show the password on my computer? (Windows)

Note that I'm not in that place right now, but I was connected to that network before.

In a command prompt, type in "netsh wlan show profile". This will show you the list of networks you've connected your laptop to. Look for the name of the network you want, and make note of the name.

Then, type in "netsh wlan show profile nameofnetwork key=clear", and of course, you substitute "nameofnetwork" with the actual Wi-Fi network name.

It will give you a bunch of information, but you're looking for the one that says "Key Content"; should be under "Security Settings".

• Roddy

ISPs do not provide wifi, that comes from your own router in your home. The ISP may have sold or loaned you the router, but will not usually even know its admin ID and password.

Even if you could get into the router, any stored password is encrypted and so cannot be read by you.

• Martin

Nope. Passwords are not stored in userspace. And even if you had a way to access them, the only thing you will find is gibberish. The passwords are encrypted.

No way i wouldnt

Passwords are saved cryptic. There is no way to show it.

no, only way to do that is if you know the username and password of their internet provider website.