Are these good temps for idling?

I have an i7 8700 liquid cooled and idk if this matters but fortnite was installing at the time I took the picture

• David
    Favorite Answer

Those temperatures are fine

• Fulano

That's where my Intel chip idles, but it's got the stock cooler on it.

I usually avoid going over 70 C under load with newer chips, though they're supposed to be fine at that temp. I'll open it up and clean it if it starts getting warmer than that, or turn graphics settings down to make it not as hot.

The real question is what max temps it hits when it's under load? That's where you can run into problems.

• TomB

If your computer was in the process of installing a program....it was not idling.

• TomB

Look fine to me, but I usually use AMD processors in my builds. Google your processor and temps to see what other people averaging. (I let it idle for a few minutes before checking, wait for it to stabilize and then run a full virus scan to load it down and watch it to see how high it goes)